Australia Institute of Business and Technology - AIBT & Australia Institute of Business and Technology International - AIBTI (Henceforth referred to as AIBT) is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers’ personal and sensitive information. AIBT, like other entities operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
AIBT only collects personal information that is necessary for one or more of our functions activities.
AIBT may also record various communications between individuals and AIBT.
AIBT’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information policy is set out below:
1. The information we collect
We will only collect personal information about you and given by you when you submit an enquiry, or direct application for a course through one of our online forms. We will always let you have a copy of all personal information that we have about you should you request it.
2. Purposes for which we use information about our users
We collect information about our users for a variety of purposes. These include the following:
- Where users supply data to us pursuant to educational services that we offer (for example, to enrol in a Australia Institute of Business and Technology course or to obtain information about our educational programmes), data will be processed by us to supply the information requested by our users. Your information is held by AIBT in Australia.
- So that we can inform our users of new offers, products, and services which may be of interest to them.
- So that we can send our users news items which are relevant to their interests.
- To help us improve and personalise the services provided to our users.
3. Passing on information about you
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. We use the highest standards of encryption for online transactions involving sensitive data such as credit card details. Credit card transactions through our payment page are secured by RapidSSL. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
AIBT will take precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your user data under our control. Only authorised employees and subcontractors will be given access to the information you provide us with prior consent.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
6. Transferring your information abroad
Information supplied to us by you will only be transferred abroad by us or our partners for the purpose of performing contractual obligations owed by us to you; for example, to supply an educational agent in your country or region with your information to enable that agent to provide you with services you require.
How can you access and update information which we hold about you?
You can request to see the data AIBT holds for you by contacting us via e-mail or phone.
7. Automated decisions taken by us about you
Assumptions are made about your interests depending on the information you have supplied to us about yourself, and about the website you were visiting when you did so. For example, if you enquired about a course on aibtglobal.edu.au, we assume you are interested in vocational and training courses in Australia.
We assume you speak certain languages based on your nationality or country of residence.
9. Contact Us
Australia Institute of Business and Technology
Levels 1-3, 18 Mt Gravatt - Capalaba Rd
Upper Mount Gravatt, Brisbane, QLD 4122 Australia