The purpose of this email is to announce the new update to the Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedure (AMPP). The Academic Management Committee Charter and Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedures have been amended for managing academic misconduct cases. The Academic Management Committee (AMC) and the Academic Misconduct Sub-Committee have been formed to uphold integrity and fairness in all academic misconduct cases and ensuring all cases are handled in an efficient, professional manner.
Please check the Academic misconduct policy and procedure at https://aibtglobal.edu.au/support/student-forms/academic-policies/
Main amendments to the Academic misconduct policy and procedure:
- The AMC now has its sub-committee: Academic Misconduct Sub-Committee (AMSC) to foster students’ commitment to academic integrity and maintain the integrity of the assessment. The AMSC will be responsible for reviewing each individual case of a student’s alleged academic misconduct behaviour. With regard to students’ academic misconduct, the sub-committee undertakes actions as follows:
- Hearing/reviewing cases of academic misconduct referred by the School Manager based on the AMPP.
- Providing judgement on the severity of the students’ academic misconduct.
- Making decisions of responsive actions and the penalties based on the severity of the students’ academic misconduct.
- Inform the course coordinators and School Manager of the severity of the students’ academic misconduct and the responsive actions and the penalties.
- Create a summary of the review including decisions, penalties, and warnings.
- The AMSC members are a committee appointed by the Chairperson of the Academic Management Committee. The committee contains a maximum number of 20.
The College once again encourages students to read, understand, and comply with the College’s Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedures.
Please see the policy athttps://aibtglobal.edu.au/support/student-forms/academic-policies/. This is to avoid academic misconduct. I wish you success during your study journey with the College.
ATTACHED: Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedure and Academic Management Committee Charter