Recognition of Prior Learning
Gain the nationally recognised qualifications you WANT, and not just the ones you NEED
The RPL application process requires you to provide evidence of, or demonstrate, your current ability to perform the requirements of a subject(s) within your course.
If you can show that you have the required skills or knowledge then you will be granted RPL. Exemption from completing the work required for the subject(s) will be based on the skills and experience you have picked up from:
- previous learning
- work or industry experience (paid or unpaid)
- partially completed studies
Your experience is matched to current industry qualifications so you can gain credit towards or even recognition for a full qualification.
Getting a qualification is a fantastic resume booster. You’ll be able to step up for that pay rise or promotion and take your career in a new direction with the confidence that your skills and expertise are in line with current industry benchmarks.
Recognition of Prior Learning can also:
- save you money and study time by avoiding duplication of training
- ensure you only study what you need to meet the requirements of a job role or qualification
- fast-track your way to a formal qualification
- up skill you for a career change
- improve job security
- help you move from volunteer work to paid employment
- provide options for credit towards a university degree
This requires an assessor to complete a thorough evaluation of the student’s skills and work history to ensure the student is competent.
A student will complete a test to demonstrate skills/qualifications necessary to be recognised for RPL.
Your current skills and knowledge may have been obtained through:
- Work experience
- Formal training
- Life experience