Diploma of Remedial Massage
VET NATIONAL CODE: HLT52015
52 Weeks (40 wks Tuition + 12 wks Holiday breaks)
NSW | QLD | TAS Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $10,800 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $8,000 *
*Materials Fee $500
This qualification reflects the role of massage therapists who provide general health maintenance treatments. It does not reflect the role of a remedial massage therapist. Practitioners may be self-employed or work within a larger health service.
|CRICOS Course Code:||093816A|
|Nationally Recognised:||Yes (Click Here)|
|Delivery mode:||In Class (NSW |QLD |TAS)|
|Assessment:||The assessment of each unit of competency will take place during the course. Assessments will take the form of assessment, activities and / or practical activities in a simulated work environment. Students may be required to finalise some practical activities away from the classroom. Supplementary evidence will be gathered if required from the course workbook.|
January, March, June, July, September and October
|Awarded by||Australia Institute of Business and Technology RTO Code: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J|
|Packaging Rules:||Total number of units = 21 16 core units Plus 5 elective units At least 1 unit from the Business Management group units listed in https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT52015 Up to 4 units from listed in https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT52015 or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course. Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.|
- Skills within this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
- There are specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Vocational placement is an essential component of this qualification. Vocational placement consolidates the students’ knowledge, applying theory to practice. Students will be required to undertake 200 vocational placement hours.
AIBT assists students in finding a placement.
Prior to attending vocational placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
All applicants must be willing to undertake vocational placement in a commercial facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Before commencing vocational placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense. Students will be notified via email on when to obtain these documents:
- Ensure they have current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Blue Card, Further information can be obtained from the following websites:
- Complete immunisation as per NSW, QLD or TAS health department requirements, further information on health screenings can be found from the following websites:
- At their own expense, 30 days before placement, provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate 30 days before placement indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015), and a transcript of academic record. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
Remedial Massage Practitioner
Remedial Massage Therapist
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199