Diploma of Remedial Massage
VET NATIONAL CODE: HLT52015
(40 weeks Tuition + 12 weeks Break)
NSW | QLD | TAS Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $10,800 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $8,000 *
Domestic Student: $6,000 *
*Total Materials Fee $500
This qualification reflects the role of massage therapists who provide general health maintenance treatments. It does not reflect the role of a remedial massage therapist. Practitioners may be self-employed or work within a larger health service.
To achieve this qualification, students must have completed at least 200 hours of unpaid work (clinic placement) as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Important – Pre-Enrolment Information:
Prior to enrolment, it is a mandatory requirement for students to complete a Student Pre-Enrolment Form and have a consultation with our Enrolments Team, Sales Manager or Sales Agent.
More information on Student Pre-Enrolment Consultation is available on the ‘Get Started’ Tab on our website homepage www.aibtglobal.edu.au
AIBT CRICOS CODE: 093816A
AIBT – from 7th October 2019 & November & December 2019
RTO Code: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J
16 core units
Plus 5 elective units
At least 1 unit from the Business Management group units listed in https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT52015
Up to 4 units from listed in https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT52015 or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
Total Materials Fee – $500
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and / or services provided by AIBT to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Class materials
- Massage Consumables (Oils, Towels, Laundry etc.)
For more information on the course content, visit www.training.gov.au
A minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
- Skills within this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
- There are specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Clinic placement is an essential component of this qualification. Clinic placement consolidates the students’ knowledge, applying theory to practice. Students will be required to undertake 200 vocational placement hours.
AIBT organises student placement. Students will be required to complete given logbook and workplace diary during their placement hours.
Prior to attending clinic placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
All applicants must be willing to undertake vocational placement in a commercial facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Before commencing clinic placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense. Students will be notified via email on when to obtain these documents:
- Ensure they have current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Blue Card, Further information can be obtained from the following websites:
- Complete immunisation as per NSW, QLD or TAS health department requirements, further information on health screenings can be found from the following websites:
- At their own expense, 30 days before placement, provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate 30 days before placement indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015), and a transcript of academic record. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
Remedial Massage Practitioner
Remedial Massage Therapist
* Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199