Cert III In Dental Laboratory Assisting | Dip Of Dental Technology
VET NATIONAL CODE: HLT35115 | HLT55115
HLT55115 - Diploma of Dental Technology
has been superseded by
HLT55118 - Diploma of Dental Technology
(81 wks Tuition + 23 wks Holiday break)
NSW | QLD Campuses (AIBT-I)
OffShore Int Student: $28,000 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $24,000 *
Domestic Student: $14,000 *
* Total Material Fee $2,000
This dual qualification in dental assisting and dental technology reflects the role of a dental technician responsible for construction and repairs of dentures and other dental appliances including crowns, bridges, partial dentures, pre and post-oral and maxillofacial surgical devices and orthodontic appliances. Their role includes maintaining high standards of infection control, assisting with practice administration and supporting quality and professionalism in the dental sector.
Clinical placement is an essential component of this qualification. Clinical placement consolidates the students’ knowledge within the real health environment, applying theory to practice.
Students will be required to undertake a total of 400 clinical placement hours.
Total clinical placement hours required for Certificate III in Dental Assisting = 280 Hours *
Total clinical placement hours required for Diploma of Dental Technology = 280 Hours *
* Please note, 160 hours of completed clinical placement from Certificate III in Dental Assisting can be credited to Diploma of Dental Technology, when completed as a dual qualification,. This means students will need to complete the remaining 120 hours of clinical placement for Certificate III in Dental Assisting + 280 hours of clinical placement required for Diploma of Dental Technology to complete their clinical placement requirements for this dual qualification.
Prior to attending clinical placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
All students must be willing to undertake clinical placement in a health care facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Before commencing clinical placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense:
– Have a current Australian First Aid Certificate
– Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – this must be updated annually and is included in the program
– Provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check
In class (NSW/QLD Campuses)
RTO Code 45169 / CRICOS: 03610E
20 Core Units
5 Elective Units
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199