Certificate III in Dental Assisting
VET NATIONAL CODE: HLT35015
(48 weeks Tuition + 4 weeks Break)
NSW | QLD Campuses (AIBT-I)
OffShore Int Student: $14,000 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $12,000 *
Domestic Student: $5,100 *
*Total Materials Fee $1,000
This qualification reflects the role of workers who assist a dentist, dental hygienist, dental prosthetist, dental therapist or oral health therapist during oral health care procedures. This role includes maintaining high standards of infection control, assisting with practice administration and supporting quality and professionalism in the dental sector.
Students are required to complete 250 unpaid Clinical Placement (Dental Laboratory Placement) hours.
Important – Pre-Enrolment Information:
Prior to enrolment, it is a mandatory requirement for students to complete a Student Pre-Enrolment Form and have a consultation with our Enrolments Team, Sales Manager or Sales Agent.
More information on Student Pre-Enrolment Consultation is available on the ‘Get Started’ Tab on our website homepage www.aibtglobal.edu.au
AIBT-I (NSW/QLD) In Class
All AIBT-I students enrolled in courses delivered by AIBT-I will be trained and assessed by AIBT (RTO: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J) trainers and assessors.
AIBT-I – June, July, August, September, October, November & December 2019
RTO Code 45169 | CRICOS: 03610E
9 core units
Plus 2 elective units
Total Materials Fee – $1,000
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and / or services provided by AIBT-I to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Class materials
- Dental Consumables (Dental Impressions, Custom-made trays etc.)
Lead team effectiveness
For more information on the course content, visit www.training.gov.au
- Academic requirement of successful completion of Australian Year 12 or Australian equivalent or Diploma or
- Have relevant industry experience or
- Have qualifications in the relevant field that indicate that they will be able to complete the course.
A minimum of IELTS 6.0 band or equivalent is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification
- The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice
- Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to HLTAID003 – Provide first aid, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities
- Dental Board of Australia guidelines on infection control
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services||The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand Standards and industry codes of practice
Knowledge of legislative requirements related to the use of fluoride in dentistry
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid||Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures||The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice|
Clinical placement (Dental Laboratory Placement) is an essential component of this qualification. Placement consolidates the students’ knowledge within the real health environment, applying theory to practice.
Students are required to complete 250 unpaid placement hours.
AIBT-I organises student placement. Students will be required to complete given logbook and workplace diary during their placement hours.
All students must be willing to undertake placement in a health care facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Prior to attending placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
Before commencing placement:
Students will be required to complete HLTSAID003 – Provide first aid. This is a core unit within this qualification and will need to be completed prior to placement.
Students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense. Students will be notified via email on when to obtain these documents:
- Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – this must be updated annually and is included in the program
- At their own expense, 30 days before placement, provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) including a transcript of all completed units. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units
* Completion of an AIBT-I qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199