Diploma Of Community Services
VET NATIONAL CODE: CHC52015
(42 weeks Tuition + 10 weeks Break)
NSW | QLD | TAS Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $12,000 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $8,000*
Domestic Student: $7,200*
*Total Materials Fee $1,000
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
To achieve this qualification, students must have completed at least 100 hours of unpaid work (vocational placement) as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
In Class (NSW/QLD/TAS)
January, March, June, July, September and October
RTO Code 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J
Plus 8 elective units
8 elective units, consisting of:
at least 6 units from the electives as listed in training.gov.au
up to 2 units from the electives as listed in training.gov.au, any endorsed Training Packages or accredited courses – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
Total Materials Fee – $1,000
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and/or services provided by AIBT to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Class materials
Deliver care services using a palliative approach
A minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
No pre-requisites, only entry requirements
*The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and state/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practices.
**Specific Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Vocational placement is an essential component of this qualification. Vocational placement consolidates the students’ knowledge within the real health environment, applying theory to practice.
Students will be required to undertake 100 hours of unpaid vocational placement.
We can assist students to find placement, however placement is not guaranteed.
All applicants must be willing to undertake vocational placement in a health care facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Before commencing vocational placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense. Students will be notified via email on when to obtain these documents:
- Have a current Australian First Aid Certificate
- Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – this must be updated annually and is included in the program
- At their own expense, 30 days before placement, provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
- Completed manual handling as part of unit HLTWHS002- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- *Medical Clearance: Have no medical or physical injury/condition that would prevent them from working safely and/or injuring themselves and/or residents whilst working within an Aged Care facility whilst assisting residents with day to day physical activities/tasks
|Offshore International Students|
This is done prior to arrival to Australia, as part of Health Examination where health records are sent directly to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by panel of doctors.
|Onshore International Students|
1. This is done prior to arrival to Australia, as part of Health Examination where health records are sent directly to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by panel of doctors.
2. As part of visa renewal process, students are required to undergo health examination
|Domestic Students||All domestic students are required to provide medical clearance from GP|
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) including a transcript of all completed units. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
Community Services Worker
Community Services Coordinator
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199