Certificate III In Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line Of Sight)
VET NATIONAL CODE: AVI30316
(24 wks Tuition + 4 wks Holiday breaks)
NSW | QLD Campuses (AIBT)
This qualification is relevant to individuals operating remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) within visual line of sight (VLOS), below 400 feet above ground level (AGL), in day visual meteorological conditions (VMC), outside of controlled airspace, greater than 3 nautical miles from an aerodrome, outside of populous areas.
- This course does not require a student to hold a General English Language Proficiency (GELP) or an Aviation English Language Proficiency (AELP) as GELP or an AELP is not required to obtain a RePL as per CASA’s “Guidance on conducting RPAS Theory and Operation Training” document which is current and active.
- GELP / AELP is only a requirement to obtain an Aeronautical Radio Licence. (AROC)
- Australia Institute of Business & Technology does not Guarantee an Aeronautical Radio Licence (AROC) which is not a Vocational qualification under the Australia Qualifications Framework.
- Students are welcomed to apply for an AROC for free upon finishing this program via ACE AVIATION for free of cost. (aceaviation.com.au/enrol)
- Australia Institute of Business & Technology does not Guarantee a Remote pilot’s licence (RePL) which is not a Vocational qualification under the Australia Qualifications Framework as the assessment criteria to obtain a RePL in accordance with CASA’s “Guidance on conducting RPAS Theory and Operation Training” is not similar to ASQA’s assessment requirements to obtain a Vocational qualification (for AVI30316) under the Australia Qualifications Framework.
- Students should be clearly informed that they would be required to undertake additional testing with Ace Aviation to obtain an RePL.
- Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
January, March, June, July, September and October
RTO Code: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J
14 core units
(There are no electives for this qualification)
This is a generic entry requirement. For more specific indicators, please refer to your Sales Manager. Please note if you hold a passport from any sub continent country, a minimum IELTS of 6 is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
All students studying for the Diploma of Aviation (Aviation Management) AVI50616 should apply for an Aviation Reference Number (ARN). It is similar to an account number or customer number and it should be quoted whenever you communicate with CASA. It is your own unique identifier.
- Below is a link to the website where students can apply for their ARN
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight AVI30316) including a transcript of all completed units. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
- Australia Institute of Business & Technology (AIBT) does not Guarantee a Remote pilot’s licence
- Students are required to enrol with Ace Aviation https://aceaviation.com.au/ after completing the course with AIBT and pass additional assessments to satisfy CASA’s requirement to obtain an RePL.
- AIBT does not offer an Aeronautical Radio Operator’s Certificate (AROC) as a part of Certificate 3 in Aviation -AVI30316 program.
- Students are required to enrol with Ace Aviation https://aceaviation.com.au/ after completing the course with AIBT and pass additional assessments including an Aeronautical English Language Proficiency (AELP) test to satisfy CASA’s requirement to obtain an AROC
Remotely piloted aircraft systems pilot/operator.
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199