Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
VET NATIONAL CODE: AUR40216
(31 weeks Tuition + 8 weeks Break)
NSW/QLD Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $9,900 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $9,000 *
*Total Materials Fee $1,125
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Important – Pre-Enrolment Information:
Prior to enrolment, it is a mandatory requirement for students to complete a Student Pre-Enrolment Form and have a consultation with our Enrolments Team, Sales Manager or Sales Agent.
More information on Student Pre-Enrolment Consultation is available on the ‘Get Started’ Tab on our website homepage www.aibtglobal.edu.au
- Prior to commencement of practical work within our Edison Engineering Workshops, students will be required to complete – HLTSAID003 – Provide first aid. AIBT will provide training of this unit at no additional cost to students and on completion will issue students with a Statement of Attainment for HLTSAID003 – Provide first aid.
- Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome
- This qualification will only fulfil the academic requirements, not a licensed trade qualification.
- Each state and territory has different requirements in relation to Australian context gap training and electrical authorisation for the licensed occupation of Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. For more information please visit: The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (ARC)
- Practice in workplace and during training is subject to regulations directly related to occupational health and safety
In Class | Edison Workshop
A variety of assessment methods form part of this course including written assignments, presentations, portfolios of work, role plays and projects.
1 core unit
Plus 9 elective units
Total Materials Fee – $1,125
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and / or services provided by AIBT to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Trade tools
- Class materials
- Safety wear
fuel injection systems
and HVAC systems
steering and suspension systems
vehicle braking systems
vehicle steering and suspension systems
steering and suspension systems
and transmission systems
For more information on the course content, visit https://training.gov.au/training/details/AUR40216
Completion of AUR30316 – Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology or can demonstrate equivalent competency.
A minimum of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
This is a generic entry requirement.
For more specific indicators, please refer to your Sales Manager. Please note if you hold a passport from any sub continent country, a minimum IELTS of 6 is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
There are no pre-requisites required for this qualification.
Practice in workplace and during training is subject to regulations directly related to occupational health and safety.
|AURETU006||Diagnose complex faults in air conditioning and HVAC systems||Licensing requirements apply to this unit. Users are advised to check with relevant regulatory authority..|
Simulated Work Environment
AIBT provides 460 hours per year of unpaid simulated training within our Edison Engineering workshops and Engineering Rooms.
Simulated training is not equivalent to vocational placement.
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (AUR40216) and transcript of academic record. Learners that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
Automotive Lead or Master Technician
Automotive Technical Adviser
* Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199