Certificate III In Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
VET NATIONAL CODE: AUR30616
(80 weeks Tuition + 12 weeks Break)
NSW | QLD Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $23,100 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $21,000 *
*Total Materials Fee $2,625
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Important – Pre-Enrolment Information:
Prior to enrolment, it is a mandatory requirement for students to complete the Student Pre-Enrolment Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Form. After receiving and reviewing the form a consultation with our Enrolments Team, Sales Manager or Sales Agent will be scheduled where you will be provided with all the relevant course information to help guide you into making a formal decision.
More information on Student Pre-Enrolment and Application Process is available on the ‘Get Started’ Tab on our website homepage www.aibtglobal.edu.au
- Prior to commencement of practical work within our Edison Engineering Workshops, students will be required to complete – HLTSAID003 – Provide first aid. AIBT will provide training of this unit at no additional cost to students and on completion will issue students with a Statement of Attainment for HLTSAID003 – Provide first aid.
- Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
- This qualification will only fulfil the academic requirements, not a licensed trade qualification.
- Each state and territory has different requirements in relation to Australian context gap training and electrical authorisation for the licensed occupation of Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. For more information please visit: The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (ARC)
- Practice in workplace and during training is subject to regulations directly related to occupational health and safety
AIBT (NSW | QLD)
In Class | Edison Workshop
AIBT – from 7th October 2019 and then monthly intakes from November 2019 onwards.
RTO Code: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J
Total number of units = 36
20 core units
Plus 16 elective units of which
- up to 16 units may be chosen from the Elective Units listed in https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AUR30616
- up to 6 units may be chosen from a Certificate II qualification or above in this Training Package or another endorsed Training Package or accredited course, provided that the units chosen, contribute to the vocational outcome of this qualification and do not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification.
Total Materials Fee – $2,625
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and / or services provided by AIBT to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Trade tools
- Class materials
- Safety wear
practice in an automotive workplace
an automotive workplace
A minimum of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
This is a generic entry requirement. For more specific indicators, please refer to your Sales Manager. Please note if you hold a passport from any sub continent country, a minimum IELTS of 6 is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
Practice in workplace and during training is subject to regulations directly related to occupational health and safety.
|AURETU003||Service air conditioning and HVAC systems||Licensing requirements apply to this unit. Users are advised to check with relevant regulatory authority. An Australian Refrigeration Council accredited (ARCtick) Refrigerant Handling licence is required for those carrying out this work.|
|AURETU004||Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems||Licensing requirements apply to this unit. Users are advised to check with relevant regulatory authority..|
|AURETU005||Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems||Licensing requirements apply to this unit. Users are advised to check with relevant regulatory authority. An Australian Refrigeration Council accredited (ARCtick) Refrigerant Handling licence is required for those carrying out this work|
Simulated Work Environment
AIBT provides 460 hours per year of simulated training within our Engineering workshops. Simulated training is not equivalent to vocational placement.
AIBT provides 360 hours of unpaid workplace vocational placement for each student.
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR30616) and a transcript of academic record. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanical Repair Technician
* Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
This qualification will only fulfil the academic requirements, not a licensed trade qualification.For more information please visit: The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (ARC).
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199