Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
VET NATIONAL CODE: CHC33015
(26 weeks Tuition + 2 weeks Break)
NSW | QLD | TAS Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $5,000 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $4,000 *
Domestic Student: $2,250 *
*Total Materials Fee $500
Important – Pre-Enrolment Information:
Prior to enrolment, it is a mandatory requirement for students to complete the Student Pre-Enrolment Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Form. After receiving and reviewing the form a consultation with our Enrolments Team, Sales Manager or Sales Agent will be scheduled where you will be provided with all the relevant course information to help guide you into making a formal decision.
More information on Student Pre-Enrolment and Application Process is available on the ‘Get Started’ Tab on our website homepage www.aibtglobal.edu.au
AIBT CRICOS CODE: 090851M
AIBT (NSW |QLD |TAS) In Class
The assessment of each unit of competency will take place during the course. Assessments will take the form of theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or simulated activities in a nursing lab. Students may be required to finalise some practical activities away from the classroom. methods form part of this course including written assignments, presentations, portfolios of work, role plays and projects. Supplementary evidence will be gathered if required from the course workbook.
- Formative Assessment- Learner Activities (Including written questions, role plays)
- Summative Assessment- Skills, Knowledge & Performance Activities (Observation activities in simulated environment, presentations, written questions)
- Workplace assessment tasks required to be completed during 120 hours of work placement and covered in log book
AIBT – from 7th October 2019 and then monthly intakes from November 2019 onwards.
Brighton Pacific Pty Ltd T/A Australia Institute of Business and Technology (AIBT)
RTO Code: 41138 | CRICOS: 03430J
Total number of units = 13
7 core units
Plus 6 elective units
o at least four (4) units from the electives listed on training package, at least 2 units must be from those units listed under Groups A, B or C (https://training.gov.au/training/details/chc33015)
o up to two (2) units from the electives listed on training package or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Total Materials Fee – $500
Materials fee covers the cost of goods, materials and / or services provided by AIBT to be used by students in the course of training.
The Materials Fees in this qualification include:
- Class materials
For more information on the course content, visit www.training.gov.au
Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or Australian equivalent is mandatory.
A minimum of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
This is a generic entry requirement. For more specific indicators, please refer to your Sales Manager. Please note if you hold a passport from any sub continent country, a minimum IELTS of 6 is required.
International Students who do not meet the English language requirements for this course may undertake English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) according to the English Learning Matrix.
There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
*The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and state/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practices.
**Specific Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Vocational placement is an essential component of this qualification. Vocational placement consolidates the students’ knowledge within the real health environment, applying theory to practice.
Students will be required to undertake 120 hours of unpaid vocational placement.
AIBT organises student placement. Students will be required to complete given logbook and workplace diary during their placement hours.
All students must be willing to undertake placement in aged care facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Prior to attending vocational placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
Before commencing Vocational Placement:
Students will be required to complete HLTAID003 – Provide first aid. This unit is an elective within this qualification and will need to be completed prior to placement.
Students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense. Students will be notified via email on when to obtain these documents:
- Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – this must be updated annually and is included in the program
- At their own expense, 30 days before placement, provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
- Completed manual handling as part of unit HLTWHS002- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- *Medical Clearance: Have no medical or physical injury/condition that would prevent them from working safely and/or injuring themselves and/or residents whilst working within an Aged Care facility whilst assisting residents with day to day physical activities/tasks
|Offshore International Students|
This is done prior to arrival to Australia, as part of Health Examination where health records are sent directly to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by panel of doctors.
|Onshore International Students|
1. This is done prior to arrival to Australia, as part of Health Examination where health records are sent directly to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by panel of doctors.
2. As part of visa renewal process, students are required to undergo health examination
|Domestic Students||All domestic students are required to provide medical clearance from GP|
Completing all the units of competency within this qualification will lead to the issuance of a Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) including a transcript of all completed units. Students that successfully complete individual units of competency, but not the whole qualification, will be eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the completed units.
In Home Respite Worker
Community Access Coordinator
Planned activity assistant
Accommodation Support Worker
Care Service Employee,
Community care worker
Food Services Deliverer
Community House Worker
Home care assistant
Residential Care Worker
Residential Support Worker
Senior Personal Care Assistant
Transport Support Worker
Field Officer (Community Services)
Family Support Worker
* Completion of an AIBT qualification does not guarantee an employment outcome.
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199