Certificate III In Individual Support
VET NATIONAL CODE: CHC33015
(26 wks Tuition + 2 wks Holiday breaks)
NSW | QLD | TAS Campuses (AIBT)
OffShore Int Student: $5,000 *
OnShore Student Visa Holder: $4,000 *
Domestic Student: $2,250 *
* Total Material Fee $500
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Vocational placement is an essential component of this qualification. Vocational placement consolidates the students’ knowledge within the real health environment, applying theory to practice. Students will be required to undertake 120 vocational placement hours.
Prior to attending vocational placement, students must demonstrate satisfactory course progression.
All students must be willing to undertake placement during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities and may be required to undertake placement in regional areas.
Before commencing vocational placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements at their own expense:
• Have a current Australian First Aid Certificate
• Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – this must be updated annually and is included in the program
• Provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check.
• Manual Handling as part of unit HLTWHS002- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
• Medical Clearance: Have no medical or physical injury/condition that would prevent them from working safely and/or injuring themselves and/or residents whilst working within an Aged Care facility whilst assisting residents with day to day physical activities/tasks
In Class/Blended (NSW/QLD/TAS)
7 core units plus
6 elective units
In Home Respite Worke
Community Access Coordinator
Planned activity assistant
Accommodation Support Worker
Care Service Employee,
Community care worker
Food Services Deliverer
Community House Worker
Home care assistant
Residential Care Worker
Residential Support Worker
Senior Personal Care Assistant
Transport Support Worker
Field Officer (Community Services)
Family Support Worker
take the next step
(+61) 1300 128 199