Queensland Government announces Covid-19 restrictions.
As announced this morning, from 1 am Tuesday 29 June 2021, face masks are required whenever you leave home including on public transport, in taxis and rideshares, in shopping centres, supermarkets, hospitals, aged care facilities, restaurants and cafes, churches, and indoor workplaces (where social distancing isn’t possible). There are also additional requirements which can be found at https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/restrictions-in-qld-update. The increased restrictions will be brought in for people living in South East Queensland in the following Local Government Areas:
- Sunshine Coast
- Moreton Bay
- Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
Therefore, students who attend face to face classes (both practical and theory) are required to wear masks. Brisbane campus including Sheldon Training Restaurant and Edison Workshop will remain open. All classes will continue as usual. Please follow the class timetables and announcements made by your respective schools.
Students who visit Brisbane campus including Sheldon Training Restaurant and Edison Workshop are required to download and register via the Check In Qld app. If you are unable to download the app, you will still need to give your contact information to the college.
Download on Apple store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/check-in-qld/id1546028652
Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.qld.checkin
If you have been to exposure sites of COVID-19 in Queensland at the relevant times you must do the following:
- immediately travel by private transport directly to your home or accommodation and quarantine
- get tested at your earliest opportunity
- complete the online contact tracing form by clicking on the
name for the relevant location in the table below. A pop up window will
appear with specific advice for that location and a link to the form.
If you are unable to complete the contact tracing form please call 134 COVID (134 268).
- continue to quarantine even after receiving a negative result. After you complete the contact tracing form you will be contacted by Queensland Health.
Please check exposure sites of COVID-19 at https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/contact-tracing#QLD
If you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact our staff.
- Diana School of Community Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edison School of Tech Sciences: email@example.com
- Branson School of Business and Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheldon School of Hospitality: email@example.com
- Bespoke Grammar School of English: firstname.lastname@example.org